A weeknight meal does not have to be take-out… this easy Oven Roasted Rosemary and Thyme Chicken Breast on the Bone Recipe is not only delicious and budget-friendly but soooo easy to prepare and so tender and delicious. Not to mention, healthier than pizza or some salt laden frozen meal.
It is a simple, rustic style chicken dish that I simplified to fit my own budget needs, without loss of taste. Rosemary, thyme and olive oil are a few of the ingredients that really make this dish shine. You can pre-prep the chicken the day before with the rub then just heat and eat. A great recipe to prep on Sunday and cook on Wednesday.
Chicken breast on the bone is typically cheaper than boneless chicken breast, making it budget friendly and I think has much more flavor and turns out much more tender.
In just a few minutes, you can prep this delicious chicken and get it oven ready. From there, it is set-it-and-forget-it. A family-friendly budget conscious meal your whole family will love!
Pair with a side of Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta Bacon and you have an easy, delicious meal that is sure to please.
- 4 breast of bone on chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary dried
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, dried rosemary and dried thyme in a bowl until it is a light paste and all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pat dry the 4 chicken breasts with paper towels and place breast side up in a vegetable sprayed rectangular baking dish large enough to accommodate the four chicken breast.
- Gently pull the chicken skin back from each breast being careful not to tear the skin or fully remove, the goal here is to create a pocket between the chicken breast and the skin. Using a tablespoon put a dollop of the seasoning paste in each of the pockets you created and rub the paste into the chicken breast. Place the skin back over the chicken breast and rub the remaining seasoning paste into the skin of the chicken.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and place baking dish with chicken into the oven. Cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees, about 45 minutes or so depending on your oven.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest covered for 10 minutes. Plate and serve with your favorite side dish.