Easy 8 ingredient Cilantro Lime Marinade that is so simple to make but yet so delicious on flank, skirt and rib eye steaks, tastey on chicken and wonderful on pork or fish. I love this marinade because there are absolutely no artificial ingredients like you find in those mass produced marinades you buy in the store and the flavor is citrus tangy with a lovely cilantro finish. Oh and did I mention you can make this in your food processor or blender in about 5 minutes!!! Quick, easy, all natural and tastes amazing… what could be better!
This ultra easy recipe has only 8 simple ingredients: Olive Oil, Fresh Cilantro, Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, Garlic, Salt, White Vinegar, Ground White Pepper and the Juice of Three Limes… that’s it, nothing else. Just throw all the ingredients in a food process or blender and give it a few pulses and you have just made a delightful marinade in about 5 minutes that will zest up almost anything you want to put on the grill.
The bright green color is summer in a jar and the fragrant lime, cilantro combination is just delightful.
So why not whip up a batch today and spark up the grill?
I like to make a batch or two of this marinade and pour whatever I don’t need for the night into a mason jar and pop it in the fridge. It can be safely stored in the fridge for about a week and makes a great hostess gift for anyone who comes over for a BBQ and raves about your marinade.
Below is the ultra simple recipe… Enjoy!
- 1½ cup tightly packed fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1½ cup tightly packed fresh Cilantro
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1½ cups extra Virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until all ingredients are combined but don't over pulse to the point where all the fish parsley and cilantro leafs are completely pulverized, you want some of the bits of leaves to stay in tact.
- Place your steak, chicken, shrimp, seafood or pork in a large ziplock bag and add marinade to bag, enough to cover your food without adding too much, massage the marinade into the food and squeeze the air out of the bag then zip the top and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, longer is better if you have the time.
- When you are ready to grill, remove the marinated food from the bag and place on plate, blot the marinade off the food so that your food does not steam on the grill and gets nice grill marks, grill as desired.