So my husband (God bless him) wanted me to call this recipe, “Stupid Good Ultra Addictive Mexican Chicken Dip”… while it is true that this dip is so easy to make it is silly and yes, it is ultra addictive (you will not be able to have just one chip dipped in this cheesy goodness) for me using the word, “stupid” in a title is just not me. But I get where he is coming from. Needless to say he LOVES this dip.
If you love cheesy, Mexican goodness with a flare of tomato and a dash of hot sauce all in a creamy dip then you are going to be in heaven. This dip is soooo easy to make and takes only about 5 minutes to mix together and about 15 to 20 minutes in the oven to heat up… add some chips and you have a party.
Seriously, just check out the ingredients I used in the picture below:
That is all it takes to make this fantastic dip perfect for any day but better yet for a crowd at a football party… after all what goes better with a football game on the “boob tube” than a good dip?
Anyway, hope you enjoy this ultra simple recipe as much as my husband and I do. Oh, and by the way, you can personalize your dip creation with:
Sliced pickled Jalapenos
A Can of rinsed black beans
A can of re-fried beans
A little dab of sour cream
A dash of extra hot sauce if you like it spicy
The options are endless!!!!
Kris, AKA “Mamma”
- 12.5 oz can chunk chicken
- 8 oz brick cream cheese
- 10 oz can RoTel with lime juice and cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Franks Red Hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheese to top
- Drain RoTel and canned chicken well and set aside. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese with RoTel and hot sauce until cream cheese is totally creamy. Then add in, chicken and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Make sure that the chicken is fully shredded and combined (this step makes a big difference).
- Top with the ¼ cup of cheddar and whatever other topping you choose for a wonderful finished look.... place in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!