Nothing goes better with hamburgers, hot dogs or ribs than a slightly tangy, creamy side of macaroni salad. This recipe is so easy to make but the results are so tasty… whenever I make this side dish for BBQs or family get togethers everyone is always asking for seconds AND the recipe!
- 16 oz box of elbow pasta (I use Barilla Brand when I make this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced assorted red and yellow peppers (I use Sweeties brand when I make this recipe)
- 1 cup mayo (Hellman’s or your preferred brand) plus 1 to 2 tablespoons for salad once taken out of fridge
- ½ teaspoon fresh finely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add one 16 oz box of Barilla Elbow Pasta and follow box directions, drain pasta when done and rinse quickly with cool water (pasta should still warm after rinse), add pasta back to pot and add two tablespoons white vinegar, 4 tablespoons, chopped red onion, 1 cup diced assorted red, yellow peppers. Stir all ingredients into warm pasta. Add 1 cup mayo and stir. Add ½ teaspoon fresh finely ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt and mix till all ingredients are evenly combined. Transfer pasta salad into a serving bowl and place in refrigerator for at least an hour but overnight is best. Remove from fridge about 10 minutes before serving and add 1 to 2 tablespoons mayo till desired consistency and taste, mix and serve.