I don’t know about you but I absolutely love an Italian hero/ sub sandwich… but, I also love pasta salad! So I said to myself, “self – what would happen if I combined the two?” And voila! You have a tasty delicious salad that is soooo easy to make, you could do it with your eyes closed… but soooo delicious, you could eat it for lunch or as a nifty side at your next picnic or BBQ.
This Italian Pasta Salad starts off with tender Rotini pasta cooked Al Dente; tossed with your favorite Italian dressing and complimented by Genoa salami, Provolone cheese; black and green olives for a little zest; artichoke hearts for a little tang; roasted red peppers for a little smoky sweet; all topped with grated Parmesan for a nice salty finish.
What could be better?
So if you are looking for an ultra simple, Italian zesty/ tasty salad for your next get together… look no further than this winner of a recipe.
Kris, AKA “Mamma Rocks”
- 2 ½ inch thick sliced pieces of Genoa deli salami diced
- 2 ½ inch thick sliced pieces of Provolone cheese diced
- ¾ cup Italian dressing (use your favorite; I use Kraft Good Seasons dressing)
- ½ cup of pitted and halved black olives
- ½ cup pitted and halved green olives
- 1 6.5 ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts; drained and halved
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 box (16 ounce) Rotini Pasta
- ½ cup roasted red peppers; drained and sliced
- Prepare Rotini Pasta per package instructions; drain and rinse with cool water (be sure pasta if fully cooled and drained before moving to next step). Add pasta to large bowl; add diced Genoa salami and Provolone cheese; mix in black and green olives; mix in artichoke hearts, red peppers, parmesan cheese and Italian dressing. Mix all ingredients until well combined; add salt and pepper to taste and top with extra Parmesan cheese… serve immediately or put in fridge. Enjoy!