Don’t throw those over ripe bananas out! Bake this family favorite Easy Homemade Banana Muffin Recipe instead.
Money saving tip: peel your over ripe bananas and place them in a freezer bag and freeze them till you are ready to bake these delicious muffins.
- 1½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ Teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- ¾ Cup sugar
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients;
- In another bowl combine bananas, eggs, sugar and oil;
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined. The mixture will be lumpy (add nuts at this time if desired);
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, lined with cupcake liners. Fill each liner about ⅔ full, leaving a little room at top;
- Bake in a pre-heated 350-degree oven for about 20 minuets (this will vary depending on your oven so check after 15 minutes);
- Muffins are done when a tooth pick is inserted into the center of muffin and is clean when removed.