I love to make my own BBQ sauce and recently I made one that had everyone in the family ooh-ing, ahh-ing and asking for more. It’s actually a very simple recipe, and super easy to customize based on whatever your tastes may be… like a little more spice add an extra splash or two of hot sauce, don’t like spice and are a sweet sauce fan don’t add any hot sauce at all – in the end you can control the amount of hot or sweet to match your taste buds. This version of my BBQ sauce is so ultra simple to make that you may never buy a jarred BBQ sauce from the store again!
I slathered this sauce on some smoked pulled pork sandwiches just the other day, and it was a match made in heaven.
With a total of only 10 ingredients and a cook time of 20 minutes you can easily prep this sauce while the grill is warming up or the coals are lighting without slaving over the stove all day or being left out of the party.
Sweet and tangy with a slight kick of heat this sauce compliments everything from ribs to chicken to pork to beef… mix up a batch today and spark up the grill!
Here is the ultra simple recipe:
- 3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 splashes Tabasco Sauce
- 1 ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 jar Chili Sauce
- 1 ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. Molasses
- 2 tsp Yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and heat on simmer, stirring frequently until all ingredients are incorporated and the brown sugar has fully dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Allow sauce to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes more to allow the ingredients to fully develop in flavor.
- Remove from heat and jar or put into a serving container for guests to slather on your perfectly grilled beef or pork, additionally you can brush this sauce on chicken, beef or ribs for the last 5 minutes of cooking time they are on the grill (due to the sugar content you don't want to add much earlier as it may burn).